Tuesday, February 9, 2010

oh Dubai...

Since the Tallest Building In The World (Aka the Burj) is not open to visitors (Here is the proof), I thought an aerial shot of Dubai was good enough! After a long  15 hour flight from NY to Dubai and a 3 hour layover I was finally on my way back to Ahmedabad! 

Now lets discuss.  The article i posted above had the following quote from a Solvenian writer who is arranging a trip to Dubai and was heartbroken to hear the Burj was closed because..."It was the one thing I really wanted to see," he said. "The tower was projected as a metaphor for Dubai. So the metaphor should work. There are no excuses."




1. the ONE thing you REALLY wanted to see!?! are you kidding me? have you heard of all the cranes creating attractions for rich people? (ex: man made island)
2. So the metaphor should work? It does!
Having said that, I will admit I wouldnt mind spending a day or two there

No comments:

Post a Comment