Saturday, May 15, 2010

Believe me when i say its hot


Yesterday I scooped Andrew Carmona (see right) and his family from the airport as they were passing through  from Delhi to Bhuj.  Andrew is a fellow WP Fellow serving in Bhuj as well as a famous blogger (he has 13 followers! 4 ahead of me, damn!). 


When I greeted them I said, "Welcome to the coldest most tolerable day in 2 weeks!" Man was I fooled! Thinking back, I should have known.  Yesterday was SO HOT THAT while washing my hands the water nearly burned my skin.  I was forced to walk around with soapy hands the rest of the day. 


I have been thinking of starting a segment called, "Its so hot that..." and if this heat persists, as promised, it might  actually materialize. 


Check this out (45C = 113F):



Fried 'day' at 45 degree C is Ahmedabad's hottest since 2005


There's going to be no respite from the rising mercury in the near future. With each passing day, the heat is increasing, taking its toll on citizens' health and well-being. On Friday, Ahmedabad saw a sharp rise in the maximum temperature to 45 degree C — making it the highest recorded temperature in the last five years. It was on May 21, 2005 that Ahmedabad last recorded 45 degree C.


To make matters worse (oh good!), the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast that the heat wave will continue. The city will also boil on Saturday (Hey! Thats now! Cool!) as the Met has said that it will be 45 degree C tomorrow as well.
Reena Singh, a city housewife who has shifted to Ahmedabad from Ranchi, said that she finds it difficult to cope with the intense heat. "The hot weather has made it impossible for me to step out of the house, until sunset. A fan makes no impact in a closed room," said Reena.
Heat wave conditions prevailed in parts of north Gujarat as well on Friday and the weather remained dry over the region. On Thursday, day temperatures fell inparts of south Gujarat, and changed little over the rest of the region. They were above or appreciably above normal in Saurashtra and south Gujarat.
Source: DNAIndia-

3 comments:

  1. My neighbors stopped me from hanging up clothes to dry outside, saying that it's too hot to dry clothes outside as the sun is too strong and will burn my clothes.

    Yes, it's that hot.

    Hannan

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo.. Ranchi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the shoutout yo. I've been telling everyone about your sign at the airport... but I couldn't exactly remember what it said, so I've been saying "You're white, you know who you are!"

    =)

    ReplyDelete