Wednesday, December 2, 2009

dog days

I have a plethora of things to tell you about, but this morning my mind is occupied with the thought of wild, street dogs!

Every morning I wake up, get ready, and stroll over to Uncle and Aunties house next door. They get the paper each and every morning and save the "ahmedabad mirror" (english section) for me to read. After a short chit chat i darted back into my house and made my way to the bedroom to tidy up (can you believe it, ma?). BUT THEN! As I began to make my way to the couch, my tired eyes met a pair of eyes that I had never seen before- those of a D-O-G. While I was at the neighbors house, this street dog managed to slip in and find its way through my house- drinking water from each toilet (thats right! I have 2..count em...2 toilets!) and desperatly looking through my empty kitchen for a quick munch. However, the door was locked and I was not about to cross the dog in an attempt to set her free. So i screamed- "uncle! uncle! Auntie! Auntie!" I yelped until i realized no one can hear me and then switched to yelling for Ba, the kind lady that comes by every day to clean up the crib. She was not in the area yet, but luckily the girl that comes by for the trash (lots of people come by...) heard my desperation from the stairs and peeked in. She saw me hiding in my bedroom and the dog begging to be set free. The standoff came to a peaceful end with no one getting hurt. But, poor Ba did have to clean the paw prints smeared throughout the flat.

1 comment:

  1. Finally some dog friendly TV shows in India!! Or was it just one of those melodramatic news shows?

    ReplyDelete